Yesterday I bought our Christmas tree. I had been debating over whether to get a miniature, potted real one, like I did last year, or a larger but still not massive one that I saw at Costco. It was pre-lit, came in a shiny little pot, and wasn't too spreading at the base, so it looked like a good size for our apartment. Still, it's hard to tell these things in the store. I set it up yesterday and was glad to realize I'd made the right decision. It fit perfectly in the corner I'd intended it for. Justin regarded the strange object which had sprung up during his nap with considerable interest and evident enjoyment.
But his best reaction wasn't his first one. This morning, on emerging into the living room, he was impressed to find it still there (you can never tell with these things that spring up during a nap--there's a bed that keeps popping up and disappearing again in the study, but that's another story) but moved on before long to play with some other toys. I plugged it in but he didn't seem to notice. Then, as he turned to point at something or other, the brightly lit tree caught him full in the eye.
For an instant he stood, pointing, then hoarsely whispered a long-drawn-out "Wooooooow!"
It was totally worth it. And the thing's not even decorated yet.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't life beautiful through the eyes of a child?!
Post a Comment