Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Justin's vocabulary is expanding. Yesterday, when I told him the names of colors on some stickers, he echoed "geen." When we were walking home from the gym I pointed out various cars and one that was "black, or possibly a dark purple, or blue--difficult to tell at this distance." He smiled his mischievous smile up at me and said "uhple!" He loves to mimic.
One of the funniest things he likes to mimic is Mama tickling him. He will wiggle his fingers on his chest, grin widely, and say "gickle-gickle-gickle!" When I pretend to be a monster and say "rar, rar!" he will roar back at me and then charge me, hands held high and expecting to be picked up, swung around, and tickled some more. When he wants to be cuddled sometimes he does it without prompting. Sometimes he just comes and gives me a hug, or leans up against me, like he did when I was cleaning the tub today and prior experience told him my arms were temporarily unavailable. He's a very sweet baby.
We had the repairmen out today to fix some lights that have been crashing from the ceiling at random intervals, and Justin was fascinated with their work. He watched them and talked to them quite incessantly about the "dight" they were fixing. I just had to chase him away from the fiberglass and screws!

No comments: