Monday, November 24, 2008

Reasons

I decided to start a new blog. I quit the blogosphere when Justin was impending a few years back. I was far too busy to blog, and have been since then. I wasn't, however, too busy to photograph. I took 2,000 photos in the first year of my son's life. And I sorted through them all and printed about 500 of them for photo albums. (It took forever.) I also posted photos to a webpage so relatives, god-parents, and "adopted" relatives could see how he was developing.
Then he started moving and photos didn't capture everything so well. I was very grateful for the video function on our camera. Video clips started going up--crawling, talking, walking, throwing balls.
But we've hit a new stage. He's gotten more interpersonal (and more inclined to grab the camera, even if it happens to be on at the right moment). He's reached the age of stories rather than descriptions. So, while I will continue to post photos and videos, I've decided to start a blog to tell the little stories of Justin's life. I hope you all enjoy!
Like Justin's photo page, this blog is not linked to by Blogger or other public sites and is supposed to be find-able only if you know the actual web address. I would request that you help me take precautions for Justin's safety by not linking to this address from any web page you may have. The web address can be e-mailed to any trusted individuals you want to be able to see it. Thanks!

No comments: